Hours and hours in front of the mirror, checking out your looks, either admiring or being in dismay, is the fact that everybody would agree on. Beauty is an integral part of our life. Working on the skin, most notably our face, to make it better has been something inevitable. But to be honest, everything that we try to enhance ourselves can be in vain if we don’t understand our features well. Here in this context, we will be discussing Monolid VS Double lid, explaining their peculiar features. We hope, by the end, you will be brave enough to liberate yourself from insecurities and embrace your uniqueness.
All About Monolid VS Double Lid Eyes
Knowledge is power, and it applies anywhere as well as you. Knowing about yourself is as important as any other effort you would make for an attractive outlook. The slightest of our features can have an immense impact on our makeover. Eyelids are one of those. They play a significant role in providing the eye its shape and hence the face. Mono lids and double lids are the essential types. Both are unique, and therefore they deserve special treatment.
Mono lids are those which lack a crease between the eyelashes and eyebrows. They are more prominent among East Asians and are primarily genetic. These lids make the eyes look smaller and less attractive. At the same time, double lids are those with a crease. They have gained considerable popularity among the majority. This particular shape displays the eyes more prominent and is more appealing. Uniqueness is an undeniable fact, and hence all we have to do is find the proper method to embrace what we are.
Eye Makeup For Monolid & Double Lid
Mono lids and double lids have their highlighting elements to be taken care of while providing a definite look. The following points may help you sort out major issues that you may come across during eye work.
For Mono Lids
- Researchers always witnessed the best results with an eye primer, which applies to both lids. A concealer or a better foundation can help you out in its absence.
- Most makeup videos you may come across adapt horizontal gradients. They apply darker shades on the outer V corners of the eye and lighter ones on the inside. But a flatter eyelid like a monolid always goes well with something vertical. Apply darker shades close to lashes and blend them towards the brows.
- Another mistake people with mono lids tend to make is applying eyeshadows with their eyes closed. Hence when they open their eyes, we don’t see anything. Therefore, apply eyeshadows with your eyes open.
- Apply eyeshadows on the lower side too. This can help in providing better shape and exposure to the eyes.
- Short and thin eyelashes are significant characteristics of an Asian eye. Use curlers along with a good mascara to make your eyelashes look longer, fuller, and thicker. Apply it from the lash line covering the lashes from top to bottom. Since mono lids are prone to smudges, choosing a waterproof mascara will be wise. If required, don’t hesitate to use false lashes.
- People use thick eyeliners to make their eyes look bolder and more prominent. But the fact is, they look weird when you close your eyes. Hence use eyeshadows to line your eyes. Concentrate on your eye shape while doing the same.
For Double Lids
Double lids are pretty popular than mono lids and are easier to maintain. Certain aspects are proven to be magnificent on double eyelids.
- Starting with a lighter shade on the inside and a darker one towards the outer is the best gradient to try on a double lid. It helps with the eye shape and enhances the crease. Mixing three shades initiated with a lighter one followed by a medium and darker shade on the outside would be a wiser choice.
- Use mascaras for more beautiful and alive-looking eyes. Curl up your lashes from the lash line, moving upwards, keeping it horizontal. Apply two or three coats for much fuller and thicker lashes which brings a magnificent look to your eyes.
- Highlighting the inner corners is yet another method to get more awakening to your eyes.
- If you are looking for something that makes your eyes look larger, use eyeliner on your upper lash line, focusing on the shape. Using a light-colored eyeliner on the lower lash line can add to the work.
- Double lids have a crease, and highlighting them is essential. Defining your crease will help you achieve the desired attractiveness for your eyes. Blend the shadow into the crease for more extensive and more attractive looks.
- Utilizing the space between the brow bone and the lids is yet another matter of concern.
- Contouring the brow bone across the crease can bring some life to your eyes.
Mono and double lids are unique and minute features that contribute significantly to your appearance. Both are unique and attractive. Inevitable mistakes that we may encounter can cause a significant impact on our outer look. Likewise, when attended, some aspects will uncover the desired flawless look that you would crave. Choosing wisely according to our features is necessary when deciding on a makeover. Here we have covered specific characteristics and ideas focusing on Monolid VS Double lid to help you achieve the perfect look you deserve.
Rebecca is a skilled writer with a passion for makeup and skincare. With years of experience in the beauty industry, she has a deep understanding of the latest trends and products and a talent for creating engaging content that resonates with her readers. Whether she’s writing about the latest skincare products or sharing her favorite makeup tips, Rebecca’s writing is always informative, entertaining, and inspiring.