It’s nighttime, and as you sleep and give rest to your mind and body, your skin deserves that rest, too. Here’s where nighttime moisturizers should come as they act as skin-repairing agents while you dream. These nighttime moisturizers are mostly infused with elements like hyaluronic acid, retinol, etc., that work overnight and let you wake up with smoother and plumper skin.
Be it rough skin, dryness, youthful glow, or radiance, moisturizers do become an ideal solution when it comes to skincare. Who doesn’t love pampering themselves, and why shouldn’t they? Skincare is self-care. Nighttime moisturizers will make your Instagram captions of “I woke up like this” turn into reality! So join me as I show you the list to find your best nighttime moisturizer!
Best Nighttime Moisturizer | 11 Midnight Marvels For You
You will find thousands of skincare products, but getting your hands on the right product matters. From creams that feel luxurious to your skin to formulas packed with powerful ingredients, I will list the 11 best nighttime moisturizers that will make your journey of choosing the right one, based on your skin type, element, or price, very easy.
Why are Nighttime Moisturizers important?
While you give your body a rest at night, there’s still a lot going on with your skin. You may wake up and drink glasses of water at 3 AM, but your skin has to make it through the entire night. Using night creams helps keep your skin hydrated, so when you wake up after hours of sleep, you will still find your skin looking soft and supple.
Besides moisturization, another significant benefit of nighttime moisturizers is collagen production. While time passes by, you think you’re aging rapidly, but as you sleep, these night creams help boost collagen production so you can delay signs of aging.
During the day, your skin is open to many things: dirt, impurities, dryness, and whatnot. Hence, these night moisturizers help your skin feel relaxed and offer soothing properties; therefore, your skin feeling good may be why you’d happily wake up any day.
Best Nighttime Moisturizer For Dry Skin
Using MVE Technology, CeraVe has paved its way in the skincare industry so users can feel its therapeutic skincare. The brand is known for its affordability and emphasis on ceramides and uses them in its products for a more substantial skin barrier.
It is considered an essential product in one’s nighttime skincare. CeraVe Nighttime Moisturizer is all about skin-loving ingredients that work overnight to make your skin feel smoother and softer, and it is also considered the best hypoallergic night cream. Infused with hyaluronic acid, the night cream becomes super hydrating, which will not dry your skin. Apart from this, it contains peptides and ceramides that strive to retain the skin’s moisture and protect and strengthen the skin’s natural barrier.
- The CeraVe Night Cream is non-comedogenic and hence does not clog pores. This makes it a good pick for people with acne-prone skin.
- It is free from fragrances and is a non-irritating formula.
- The texture of the cream is quite rich, which makes it suitable for people with dry skin.
- The formula contains hyaluronic acid, one of the most potent ingredients that help with skin hydration.
- It is infused with ceramides that help restore the skin’s natural barrier.
- With a strong and maintained skin barrier, there are better chances of moisture being locked in.
- It helps in making your skin look soft and hydrated.
- The cream works on renewing your skin overnight.
- The peptide complex helps with skin elasticity and hence reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It is not greasy.
- Some users felt the consistency was too thick, which can be a drawback for people with acne-prone or oily skin.
- It may be expensive for the quantity that it comes in.
Best Nighttime Moisturizer For Sensitive Skin
Burt’s Bees has been known for its inspiration from bees for about 40 years. The brand is considered the Number 1 Dermatologist-recommended natural skincare brand. It draws inspiration from nature and offers products that help maintain and strengthen the skin’s natural barrier.
As the name suggests, the brand’s Sensitive Solutions Calming Night Cream is a gentle and calming solution for people with sensitive skin. It is infused with rice extract and aloe, which help hydrate the skin and protect it from damage. It also contains a Cotton extract that prepares your skin to fight environmental stressors to have soft and plump skin when you wake up. It also reduces the effects of cleansers and soaps that act harsh on the skin.
- The Night Cream is specially formulated for sensitive skin.
- The presence of rice extract makes the cream very nourishing and hydrating to the skin.
- It is also known to calm irritated skin or redness.
- Aloe vera is known for various skin benefits as it possesses anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and wound-healing properties that soothe the skin.
- It is clinically proven to work on your skin all night by providing hydration without causing any irritation to the skin.
- Cotton extract also helps reduce inflammation and soothe skin with its properties, all while fighting free radicals and moisturizing your skin to give you a supple and plump look.
- It is free from fragrances; hence, it is a good choice for people with sensitive skin.
- Free from parabens, petrolatum, and phthalates.
- The texture is very smooth.
- Your skin feels super soft and smooth.
- Some users felt it was sticky on the skin and did not absorb well.
- The consistency may not be suitable for some skin types.
Best Drugstore Nighttime Moisturizer
When you hear or see e.l.f., you know your wallet will love it; that’s how affordable elf is. Their skincare line addresses skin issues like hydration, oil control, night cream, etc. It includes powerful yet effective ingredients like hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and other essential vitamins for your specific needs.
Elf Skin Holy Hydration, Nourishing Night Cream is one of the superhero products in their skincare lineup. It is specially formulated to work its magic by providing overnight moisturization and nourishment while you catch up on your sleep. Formulated with jojoba oil, cucumber extract, and shea butter, this cream will give your skin the proper hydration and leave it feeling buttery smooth with calm and soothing effects.
- The Nourishing Night Cream is infused with naturally hydrating ingredients that fight the skin’s dryness so your skin stays healthily hydrated.
- Jojoba oil helps lock in the moisture content so your skin doesn’t lose and turn dry.
- Cucumber extract, a well-known soothing ingredient, calms your skin overnight and reduces puffiness. It also helps in replenishing any lost moisture.
- Shea butter is a natural moisturizer that will smooth your skin like butter.
- It doesn’t make your skin feel greasy.
- You get a dewy and restored complexion.
- The fragrance is mild and very pleasant.
- It gets absorbed into the skin very well.
- Very affordable.
- Free from parabens and phthalates.
- It may not be as moisturizing as other moisturizers out there.
- It is very lightweight and hence can feel less nourishing and hydrating to the skin.
Best Nighttime Moisturizer For Over 60s
L’Oreal Paris is another brand that has gathered a lot of attention for its commendable products, including skincare. In its skincare lineup, the Revitalift is another popular skincare range famous for its anti-aging benefits that target various signs of aging, offering smoother and radiant-looking skin solutions.
L’Oreal Paris Revitalift Night Moisturizer is an anti-wrinkle and firming night cream. It suits people over 60, as it helps firm saggy skin within a month with its pro-retinol formula. It contains Centella Asiatica, which is used for its anti-aging benefits and moisturizing properties. Pro-retinol is another super ingredient in the night moisturizer, which offers benefits like anti-aging properties and skin regeneration. It also helps with the skin’s moisture levels, promoting supple and radiant skin.
- The Night Moisturizer not only helps in keeping your skin moisturized but also fights wrinkles and fine lines.
- It contains Pro-Retinol, a powerful ingredient that helps with anti-aging benefits.
- The presence of Centella Asiatica, or Indian Pennywort, makes the night cream hydrating and soothing, along with anti-aging benefits.
- It helps in reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Skin firmness is enhanced.
- It provides 24-hour moisturization to the skin.
- This works well for dry skin.
- It does not feel greasy on the skin.
- It works by giving you supple and plump skin.
- The skin elasticity is improved.
- Does not sit on the skin.
- The formula may seem scented and overpowering to some people.
- It may not be suitable for sensitive skin.
Best Nighttime Moisturizer For Rosacea
Eucerin is a well-known skincare brand with dermatologically recommended products for people with problematic or sensitive skin. The brand believes in innovating products with active ingredients that soothe skin and offer high tolerability.
Eucerin Redness Relief Night Cream is one of those creams that come in handy when your skin feels irritated or requires some soothing. It is formulated for skin hydration, relief, and relaxing effects. Since it can be used for people with skin irritations, it is made without fragrances or dyes, so there aren’t any further skin problems or irritations. Several users have also claimed that this was best for rosacea.
- The Redness Relief Night Creme, as the name suggests, provides relief to the skin.
- It is infused with Licochalcone, a skin-soothing ingredient derived from licorice root.
- The night creme also contains squalene, which has been used a lot as a moisturizing ingredient for dry skin. It is also a natural antioxidant, which protects the skin from free radical damage.
- It is fragrance-free and, hence, is suitable for people with sensitive skin.
- With no dyes or harmful chemicals present, it reduces the risk of irritation.
- Several users were satisfied with how it worked for their redness or rosacea.
- It absorbs quickly.
- The night cream nourishes the skin overnight and leaves the skin feeling hydrated.
- It helps calm down the redness or rosacea.
- Some people may find the smell unpleasant.
- For people with susceptible skin or extreme cases of rosacea, it may cause burning sensations or may not reduce it at all.
Best Nighttime Moisturizer With Retinol
Olay, a globally recognized skincare brand, has garnered much attention for its effective skincare products. It focuses on various skin care concerns and delivers products that are science-backed. The brand has won hearts by offering diverse products, including moisturizers, eye creams, and serums.
As you already know, retinol is a powerhouse ingredient in skincare because of its multiple benefits, like anti-aging, reduction of lines and wrinkles, collagen production, etc. Considering that, Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 + Peptide Night Moisturizer provides anti-aging benefits with Retinol, as it helps enhance the skin’s elasticity. Apart from this, it also contains peptides that help with collagen production, moisturize skin, and help with softening lines and wrinkles.
- The night moisturizer consists of retinol, an incredible skincare ingredient that helps with anti-aging.
- It helps in smoothening the skin so there isn’t any dryness felt.
- The retinol-rich night cream helps improve fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, and pores.
- It helps in improving the elasticity of the skin.
- The cream dives deep into the skin and works magic while you catch up on your sleep.
- It doesn’t settle or sit on your skin and gets absorbed quickly.
- As per the brand, it helps transform the skin in about a month.
- It provides 24-hour-long hydration to the skin.
- The skin feels moisturized and hydrated.
- It contains retinol, a beneficial skincare ingredient, but it still has some side effects if not used as directed and causes burning sensations or breakouts.
- Few users reported peeling of skin after using it.
Best Korean Nighttime Moisturizer
A Korean-based skincare brand, Missha, strives to offer products with safe ingredients through advanced custom absorption technology, which ensures the complete delivery of the effects of all the ingredients. Now, the brand goes beyond just Korean beauty and is globally chosen by millions of customers.
The Time Revolution Night Repair is a deep skin sleeping effect that improves 10 signs of aging. This night cream does everything from wrinkles, skin texture, lifting, and elasticity to moisturizing and soothing. The highlighting part of this cream is its Extreme Biome, which, after undergoing extreme fermentation, helps with moisturization and skin plumping. It leaves your skin feeling super hydrated in the morning and makes it look radiant. Though it does a great job with moisturization, some people think it does not reduce wrinkles and lines as it did with hydrating the skin.
Best Nighttime Moisturizer For Aging Skin
Neutrogena is another brand you must have come across if you are into skincare. The brand has gathered a lot of attention from liquid soaps to haircare and then into skincare. Throughout the years, the brand has made access to various high-quality skincare products affordable. Using the Neutrogena Skin360, the brand has innovated skincare products for all skin types.
Neutrogena Triple Age Repair Night Moisturizer targets 3 signs of aging: wrinkles, uneven tone, and firmness. The two key benefits of this night moisturizer are its Hexinol technology and Vitamin C, which help minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles. It is also clinically proven to even out the skin tone and let your skin get restored and healthy. The presence of shea butter in it makes your skin feel buttery, smooth, and soft. Though individual results may vary, several users reported visible differences in their wrinkles, lines, and soft skin.
Best Anti-Aging Night Cream For 50s
Eight Saints, as you could say from the name, is about ‘Eight key ingredients’ that contribute to most of the benefits for your skin. So, the brand’s products are all about one or more of these eight essential products that provide and prove their effectiveness in their skincare products.
The Eight Saints Up The Anti Anti-Aging Night Cream is carefully packed with skin-loving ingredients, including niacinamide, peptides, and hyaluronic acid. The peptides present in the night cream boost collagen production so your skin’s elasticity and firmness stay intact. As you already know, hyaluronic acid is a powerhouse of an ingredient with its magical hydrating properties. Several users have loved the fragrance of the night cream and how easily it is absorbed into the skin. However, some users did not feel any difference in their skin and felt the product was not worth the money it came for.
Best Night Cream For Combination Skin
Himalaya is another well-known Indian brand famous for its diversity of skincare products. It is considered one of the leading global healthcare brands that has offered many products, from head to toe, based on specific needs. It provides many health care products and personal care that have been trusted globally in around 100 countries.
Himalaya Revitalizing Night Cream is about pampering your skin as this cream renews, hydrates, and repairs while you rest your body. It is infused with natural ingredients like white lily and tomato that protect your skin from damage and promote cell regeneration. The presence of White Lily contributes to the cream’s anti-aging benefits as it has antioxidants that help reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. On the other hand, Tomato helps with cell renewal and is also said to fight signs of aging. Though many people felt the scent was pleasant, some complained about it not being suitable for sensitive skin.
Best Hydration Face Moisturizer
Mad Hippie was born when the founders, Sam and Dana, were on their adventurous tours and realized that their skin suffered in the scorching heat of the Sun, and they wanted to make naturally based effective skincare products. With that beginning, the brand has since created several products about sustainability.
Mad Hippie Triple C Night Cream is about the 3 bioavailable forms of Vitamin C, antioxidants, and adaptogens. It is a deeply hydrating night cream whose synergistic formula helps your skin get brighter and smoother within a few days. The Vitamin C Trio helps rejuvenate and protect the skin from environmental stressors, reducing the visibility of lines and wrinkles. It also contains turmeric extract, a powerful antioxidant that helps with skin brightening and protection. Ceramide helps maintain moisture content and nourish the skin while you sleep. Though many users felt the scent was floral and pleasant, a few thought it was bland and greasy on the skin.
FAQs | Best Nighttime Moisturizer
Should I use a nighttime moisturizer if I have acne-prone skin?
Yes, you can use nighttime creams or moisturizers even if you have acne-prone skin, as using these will help your skin feel better at night. Check for fragrance-free, non-comedogenic ingredients, and products so you don’t have clogged pores or your skin does not feel irritated.
Do nighttime moisturizers help with anti-aging?
Yes, nighttime moisturizers do help with anti-aging. Many nighttime moisturizers are made explicitly to target signs of aging like wrinkles, sagging, puffiness, skin elasticity, and firmness.
Are nighttime moisturizers suitable for all skin types?
Various nighttime moisturizers are available for skin types like oily, sensitive, dry, etc. You should look for formulas that address your specific concerns and needs.
What type of nighttime moisturizer should I use for dry skin?
Dry skin usually requires heavy or rich textured creams. Ensure it has hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid to penetrate deep into the skin and keep it hydrated while reducing dryness.
Everyday skincare routine is essential, but many ignore the nighttime skincare. Even our skin feels worn out and tired during the day, and just like our bodies, it needs care, too. Nighttime moisturizers come in handy in situations like these and are perfect for making your skin feel refreshed and healthy when you wake up.
I know many different nighttime moisturizers and creams are available on the market. Still, I have listed some ideal options to help you find the best nighttime moisturizer, some specifically for oily skin, dry skin, and even concerns like rosacea. So, if you are wandering and wondering about the best nighttime moisturizers, this guide should save your day!
I’m Sarah Abraham, the founder and co-author of Blushastic.com and a professional makeup artist. Beauty is more than just skin deep, and that’s why I’m passionate about sharing my knowledge and experience to help people feel confident and beautiful on the inside and out.
Whether it’s skincare, haircare, or fashion, my goal is to empower women to feel their best. With my expertise in the beauty industry, I strive to provide practical advice and tips that are accessible to everyone, regardless of their skill level or budget.