It is usually said that the eyes are the windows to the soul. But with puffiness, the spotlight is snatched. Though some people have puffiness genetically, some may get it because of lifestyle changes, stress, or aging. So, including eye creams or eye serums in your skincare routine can benefit you, even in the long term.
These eye creams usually contain ingredients like caffeine, vitamin C, niacinamide, and even hyaluronic acid, all of which help provide the proper nourishment this thin area of your facial skin desperately needs. But finding the best eye cream for puffiness can be a little hectic. Thus, I have compiled the 11 best eye creams to tackle puffiness.
Best Eye Cream For Puffiness | 11 Top Picks
In the ever-evolving skincare industry, you will find several eye creams, especially for puffiness. However, I am here to give you 11 of my best picks with their pros and cons so you can get a better and broader idea of what you may need for your under-eyes!
Celyn Cosmetics encourages women in their 40s and older to regain their youthful skin with skincare products. The best-seller from the brand, the Celyn Eye Cream or the Instant Firmx Eye Tightener, has proved to be an excellent pick for people who want to combat eye-related concerns, including eye puffiness or eye bags.
The Celyn Eye Cream is a lightweight formula designed for your under-eyes to look more youthful. Several Celyn Eye Cream reviews state that this eye cream works instantly. Thus, you can see the results within minutes of its application. It contains sodium hyaluronate, hydrolyzed collagen, vitamin C, and Alfalfa extract, all of which help make your eyes look awake and hydrated with a glow. Argireline Peptide also helps with skin sagging and works well for puffiness or under-eye bags. Thus, I call it the best eye cream for puffiness.
- Vitamin C helps your dark circles get brighter.
- You get a 30-day money-back guarantee if the product does not work for you.
- Hydrolyzed collagen in eye cream helps repair damaged skin, giving it a new, more dewy, young-looking glow.
- It does not leave any white residue.
- The under-eye skin starts getting firmer and tighter.
- The lightweight formula absorbs well into the skin.
- You can use it as a base or under your makeup as well.
- The results are instant; your skin under the eyes gets better and firmer.
- The eye cream also works to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines in your eye area.
- As an eye-lifting cream, it may be an expensive voice.
- For people with sensitive skin, it may cause redness or skin irritation.
- Since eye cream has instant and temporary results, you may not benefit long term.
Neutrogena is a famous brand that has impressed its users with a wide range of products, including haircare and skincare. It has gathered a lot of users with its high-quality skincare and haircare products that are not only effective but also affordable. It is also known for using its famous Neutrogena Skin360 tool to analyze various skin types.
The Hydro Boost + Caffeine Eye Gel Cream is clinically proven to reduce puffiness and dark circles under the eyes. This multi-action treatment cream is packed with scientifically proven ingredients like hyaluronic acid, caffeine, and peptide complexes, which make your skin look refreshed and smooth.
- Caffeine in the eye cream speaks for itself as it is a natural antioxidant that protects the skin and helps with puffiness.
- Hyaluronic acid, as you already know, provides immense hydration to the skin.
- The infusion of peptide complex helps enhance the look of dark circles so your skin has an even tone and looks bright.
- It gives your skin a very hydrated feel.
- It absorbs quickly into the skin.
- You can see your puffiness gradually reduce.
- Suitable for sensitive skin as well.
- Free from fragrances.
- The packaging is made to be recyclable.
- It may not work well for puffiness.
- You may not notice any other significant changes.
CeraVe has been one of the best and people’s favorite drugstore brands as it has made its recognition in the skincare industry with its therapeutic skin care products. The brand uses MVE Technology for its products and emphasizes the importance of ceramides; hence, it makes sure to include them in most of its products, as they are known for creating a more substantial skin barrier.
CeraVe Eye Repair Cream targets puffy eyes, dark circles, and even eyes that tend to look tired. Being the ophthalmologist-tested eye cream, it is formulated with hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, and three essential ceramides that help lock in moisture while protecting the skin’s natural barrier. These ingredients help deeply hydrate the skin under the eyes and promote that super-calm feeling your skin gets upon application. Moreover, this eye cream contains MVE Technology, which continuously releases moisturizing ingredients so your skin gets all-day hydration.
- The formula is made with ingredients like hyaluronic acid and niacinamide, which help hydrate the skin while locking it in moisture so it does not turn dry.
- The MultiVesicular Emulsion (MVE) Technology ensures your skin stays hydrated for long hours.
- Ceramides in the eye cream help maintain the integrity of the skin as they improve the skin barrier function.
- You can visibly see your dark circles and puffiness get reduced over time.
- The formula is non-greasy and does not feel oily on the skin.
- It absorbs well into the skin.
- Dermatologically approved.
- The National Eczema Association has also accepted this Eye Cream. So, if you have eczema, you can use this eye cream worry-free.
- Free from fragrances.
- The amount it comes in is relatively less.
- It might not work at all for some users.
- Some users may experience dryness around their eyes.
Kiehl is a skincare brand that has been getting recognition for its wide range of skincare, haircare, and body products. It has effective formulations in its skincare products as it focuses on using natural ingredients in them. It is also committed to sustainability and social responsibility, supporting various environmental initiatives and programs.
Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment With Avocado is among some of the famous eye products from the brand, as it is known to be effective for dehydrated skin and under-eye problems. The infusion of Avocado oil, shea butter, and Beta-Carotene makes the under-eye skin hydrated and free from aging signs like wrinkles, lines, and even puffiness. It even works well in brightening dark circles so your eyes can get an awake and refreshed look.
- The eye cream contains avocado oil, the critical ingredient known for its moisturizing properties, several vitamins like Vitamins A, D, and E, and amino acid proteins.
- Shea butter also promotes hydration to your skin.
- Beta-carotene plays the role of antioxidant as it helps with oxidative stress.
- The ingredients provide deep moisturization to your skin.
- It works well on sensitive skin as well.
- You can use it for your dark circles.
- It also fights other signs of aging, like wrinkles and lines.
- You can feel your under-eye skin staying hydrated throughout the day.
- It is expensive.
- It may only provide hydration to your under-eyes and not work for puffiness.
Neocutis had initially started its brand for wound healing. However, with time, they developed products that made the skin heal and look healthy and radiant. With this approach, the brand has emerged in the skincare industry for its anti-aging products that target collagen boosting and hydration using specialized proteins or peptides for the basic blocks of the skin.
The Lumiere Firm Cream is claimed to preserve, hydrate, and even reduce the eyes’ puffiness while enhancing the skin’s elasticity and firmness. It includes unique ingredients like sodium hyaluronate, caffeine, bisabolol, Vitamin C, and Glycerin so the under-eye area stays healthy and looks youthful and radiant.
- The Cream contains many skin-loving and nourishing ingredients.
- The key ingredient is caffeine, effectively reducing puffiness while working on other signs of aging.
- Vitamin C works on brightening the dark circles under the eyes.
- It also helps with collagen production so the structure of your skin looks improved.
- It does not contain any fragrances.
- Your under-eye skin feels refreshed and soothed.
- Expensive for an eye cream.
- It may not give you the desired results even after using it consistently.
RoC has paved its way in the skincare industry with its innovative formulation over the past 65 years. The brand has developed several revolutionary products, ingredients, and technologies, starting with the first-ever hypoallergenic skincare products. This brand has effectively carried its legacy of ‘firsts’ as it also developed the first broad-spectrum UV protection in a sunscreen that preemptively prevents aging signs.
The brand’s Retinol Correxion Eye Cream is formulated to specifically target three major eye concerns – puffiness, dark circles, and lines. The gentle formula reduces the crow’s feet by 50%, instantly reducing wrinkles and lines. As you can tell from the name itself, the critical ingredient includes Retinol, which boosts cell turnover so your skin gets a new and fresh layer of skin cells. It also contains Glycerin, a hydrating ingredient that ensures your under-eye skin is hydrated for long hours.
- The retinol infusion makes the formula exclusive as it accelerates the removal of old and dead skin while the new and fresh skin is revealed.
- Retinol is also known for its properties to reduce or smooth out the wrinkles and fine lines near your eyes.
- It also leads to an overall smoother and even-toned skin texture and appearance.
- The formula is non-greasy.
- It is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic.
- People can visibly see the reduction in their crow’s feet.
- Under-eye puffiness is also reduced.
- It is proudly America’s #1 Most Awarded Retinol*.
- It is dermatologically tested.
- It may cause more dryness under the eyes.
- People with sensitive skin or eyes may experience stinging or a burning feeling.
- It contains parabens.
Olay is a globally recognized skincare brand known for its extensive and diverse range of skincare products. It is also famous for its affordable options, which target various skin concerns like anti-aging, hydration, brightening, eye creams, or even dark spots. The brand incorporates several skin-loving vital ingredients to get the best out of its products without breaking the bank.
The Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream is defined as a 3-in-1 cream, as the brand likes to say, deCircles, deWrinkles, and dePuffs instantly while reducing the look of wrinkles and lines. The perfect blend of ingredients like peptides, vitamins, and color-correcting technology work together to hydrate the skin and fight dark circles and puffiness. It contains niacinamide, a form of vitamin B3, known to hydrate the skin and help in skin cell turnover to get a brighter and refreshed look.
- The amino peptides are those building blocks of the skin cells which promote smooth and firm-looking skin.
- Niacinamide in the formula helps the skin retain moisture and stay hydrated.
- You can even use it as a primer for eyeshadow.
- It not only fights puffiness but also reduces dark circles and wrinkles.
- With peptides and vitamins, your skin’s surface is renewed over time.
- It also behaves somewhat like a concealer for your under-eyes.
- Skin feels hydrated.
- Wrinkles and crow’s feet get smoother with good hydration.
- It may not be the best choice if you have acne-prone or sensitive skin.
- Some people reported that it left a film.
Velamo Advanced Beauty is another brand dedicated to creating personal care products for anyone with mature or youthful skin. The brand offers a unique range of products that help you with a radiant glow or deep hydration. It provides various solutions for different skin types and concerns as it understands that every skin is unique.
The brand’s Caffeine Eye Cream addresses the major eye concerns: puffiness, dark circles, and wrinkles. It is formulated with ceramides, caffeine, sodium hyaluronate, and even Sophora flavescens root extract. All these work to eradicate dark circles and puffiness so your skin can feel hydrated and even-toned, making it the best eye cream for puffiness.
- The Multi-plant extracts in the eye cream promote soothing, calming, and hydrating of the skin. These plant extracts also encourage moisturization of the skin.
- The hyaluronic acid moisturizes the under-eye skin and smooths the fine lines.
- Caffeine incredibly works to reduce puffiness as well as dark circles.
- Ceramides in the eye cream strengthen the skin’s protective barrier.
- The formula is lightweight and absorbs well into the skin.
- The scent is pleasant.
- It may not show any changes at all.
Ronkie Retinol Eye Cream has made users believe in its claims, as the brand says it is formulated to target puffiness, moisturization, repair, and anti-aging. The delicate skin around the eyes is smoothed so your skin can feel nourished and benefit from its anti-aging properties.
The Eye Cream is formulated with Retinol, the critical ingredient for various skin benefits, and boosts collagen. The presence of Rosemary leaf extract does the job of depuffing, tightening, and firming the skin around the eyes so you can get a smooth and even-toned look. It also contains various other antioxidants, including Vitamin E, which help guard the skin as they fight free radicals that damage your skin.
Eight Saints, a clean and cruelty-free skincare brand, offers a range of products to cater to several skin concerns. The brand focuses on natural ingredients and avoids harmful chemicals as they promote transparency and highlight the absence of sulfates and parabens.
The All In Eye Cream is designed to address multiple concerns like dark circles, puffiness, wrinkles, and fine lines around the eyes. It is infused with cucumber, so your skin gets the right amount of soothing and calm it deserves. Apart from that, it also contains hyaluronic acid to promote hydration and reduce wrinkles and lines. Vitamin C brightens dark circles, and Caffeine from green tea depresses your eyes and under-eye bags. It also contains a few other skin-loving ingredients, like olive oil and squalene, that promote skin nourishment.
The Inkey List is another skincare brand celebrated for its simplicity and affordability. It simplifies skincare by offering products that contain very few key ingredients so the users can easily choose and understand the products their skin needs. It provides various products, including cleansers, serums, moisturizers, and eye creams.
The Caffeine Eye Cream from the brand, as you can see from the name itself, contains caffeine as its vital ingredient, potentially reducing the appearance of puffiness and dark circles. It does so by constricting blood vessels, which help diminish puffiness or swelling around the eyes. Albizia Julibrissin Bark extract in the eye cream reduces the signs of under-eye skin fatigue. The lightweight formula of the cream absorbs well into the skin and leaves your skin hydrated.
Buying Guide | Best Eye Cream For Puffiness
When buying an eye cream, especially for your puffiness, a few factors should be considered before purchasing it.
Ingredients: The first and foremost thing to check is the ingredient list. Below are some of the key ingredients you must look out for, especially when you want to target puffiness.
- Caffeine is known to have soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, which can reduce puffiness and even redness. It does this by narrowing the blood vessels to reduce the look of bags, puffiness, or swelling.
- Hyaluronic acid: Its intense hydrating powers make the under-eyes or puffy area look more de-puffed with moisture. It even provides comfort.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants have protective powers that guard the skin against cell or environmental damage. Antioxidants like Vitamin C and folic acid fight toxins that make your eyes look puffy.
- Retinol: Sometimes, puffiness happens because of loss of muscle tone. Retinol helps rejuvenate the skin by boosting collagen production so the skin stays tight and firm.
- Texture: The texture of eye creams should usually be lightweight so they absorb well into the skin and become suitable for all-day wear.
- Fragrance-free: Since it is the eye area, fragrances can cause irritation or stinging in the eye. Moreover, fragrances, in general, are not suitable for the skin.
- Besides these, check the reviews and recommendations from users with similar skin concerns. Though individual results and experiences may vary, you can still get a broader insight into the product and its effectiveness on the skin.
FAQs | Best Eye Cream For Puffiness
Are there any other ways to reduce puffiness besides using eye creams?
If you’re wondering what helps bags under eyes naturally, there are several other ways through which you can manage to reduce puffiness. These natural ways may take time but are effective in the long run.
Are there any drugstore brands that offer eye creams for puffiness?
You can find several drugstore brands offering eye creams that help with puffiness. These include CeraVe Eye Repair Cream, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Eye Cream, Olay Eye Cream, RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream, and many more.
How do I apply eye cream for my puffiness?
The application process is similar to any eye cream; you take a small amount of the product on the tip of your finger and gently tap or pat it on the targeted areas. Ensure you do not rub it, as the area near the eyes is delicate and thin. Keep massaging it so your skin gets that relaxed and nourished feel.
How often should I apply eye cream for puffiness?
Usually, eye creams are applied twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening. However, you can manage the frequency based on your skincare routine or your skin care professional’s advice.
As this journey ends, finding the best eye cream for puffiness is like going on a hunt to discover what works for you. Though many skincare brands offer the solution to puffiness, including various drugstore brands, the ultimate choice lies in the hands of the individual.
With consistent use and patience, you can visibly see a reduction in puffiness and other aging signs, so your skin gets a refreshed, revitalized, youthful radiance. Make sure to start with a patch test under the eyes before applying because the eye area is susceptible, and any slight irritation can become a big problem!
Marilyn’s deep interest in fashion, beauty, and lifestyle has led her to pursue a fulfilling career as a freelance writer and blogger. With her bachelor’s degree in fashion design from the Fashion Institute of Technology, she has developed a keen eye for style and trends, making her well-equipped to offer valuable insights into the latest fashion and beauty trends.